- 1 general purpose validators
- 2 browser microformat readers
- 3 specific microformats validators
- 4 validator project
- 5 past validators
- 6 see also
- 7 related
general purpose validators
The following validators will validate multiple microformats on a page:
Test your microformatted web page with:
- http://pin13.net/ (where it says "Microformats Parser")
Barnaby Walters has a hosted version of the open source php-mf2 parser where you can enter your markup into a textarea:
It currently supports parsing and displaying the canonical JSON for:
Bing Markup Validator
The Bing Markup Validator tests for various microformats support, including hCard, hCalendar, and others. Note: 2012-02-03 launch announcemnt: Bing Webmaster Center blog: Webmaster Tools Markup Validation Tool
Google Structured Data Testing Tool
The Google Structured Data Testing Tool can parse several microformats from a given URL and produces reports showing errors and a preview of what properties it detects. It supports a subset of properties on some microformats, however is continuously updated with more support.
Yandex microformats validator
The Yandex microformats validator parses several microformats from a URL and shows what properties it detects and/or needs.
browser microformat readers
Mozilla Firefox has several add-ons you can use with microformats, such as Operator.
specific microformats validators
- indiewebify.me h-card validator parses h-card markup and makes suggestions for things to add, with code samples
- The unofficial hCard Validator
- It's open-source and contributions are welcome! Please join the project and extend it to support more microformats.
- Save to foursquare tester checks your hCard to see what it can parse from it.
- indiewebify.me h-entry validator parses h-entry markup, finds common errors and makes suggestions for things to add, with code samples
Operator does a good job of compliant parsing for microformats in general, and includes a debug mode that can help identify errors in the structure.
There has been a suggestion to host an "official" microformats validator at microformats.org.
- hCard validator is open-source (BSD-licensed) and extensible enough to support other microformats (it's mostly a matter of hooking up XSLT templates that extract microformat data and find errors). The codebase is pretty clean, UI is internationalized.
Who wants to help make this happen, and what do you need?
Optimus validator is not working for the moment
Therefore any page you will check through will return the message: "Microformats at this page have no errors. Congratulations." which is a false message. We will update this message when (and if) Optimus will work again.
Please add issues to the optimus-issues page.